Monday, January 09, 2006

Happy Endings - Thoughts

Happy Endings is a pretty decent movie by Indpendent Filmmaker Don Roos. It was the cover art of this film that caught my attention. Normally I would never watch a movie of this caliber. When I saw the naked woman with nothing but a towel covering her backside, I just knew I had to indulge.

This isn't the best movie I've ever seen, but it's definitely not the worst. Some would say I have a biased opinion, because of Don Roos' (Director) sexual preference. Maybe it's true and maybe it's not. I really don't care what Directors do in their personal lives as long as they make good film.


Roos didn't fail to add content from people with alternative life styles. He even made John Ritter's son a homosexual. I don't like to see those types of displays in life or film. I guess some would call me a homophobic guy, but I'm willing to take it from them.

But, I digress.

Happy Endings is just what the title implies. It's a tale of roughly 10-12 people's lives and how they turn out. It could be parallelled with films such as CRASH (Paul Haggis) by the way it is told. There really isn't one star of the movie. All the stars share about an equal amount of screen time. In some way or another everyones life is linked to all the others, even if its just in passing.

Roos delivers a decent cast of actor such as: Tom Arnold, Jason Ritter, Lisa Kudrow, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Jesse Bradford. The rest are B movie actors, but all delivered a decent performance. I'm not going to sway anybody's decision on whether they want to view the film or not. I'm glad I saw it, but once is enough for me. All that view I hope you enjoy.

Good Luck,
Champ

1 Comments:

Blogger champ said...

please don't leave comments that are less than intelligent.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home