Friday, December 02, 2005

Rent

We went to see the broadway play turned cinema Rent yesterday. In the beginning it is safe to say I enjoyed myself. I tend to like musicals, but I can't get away from comparing them to the great Grease.

I guess it could be said the I am being unfair to judge the movie in such a manner. I wouldn't say any such thing, because all movies have room for improvement. Directors should use movies already on the market as examples. I wouldn't ever release a movie that wasn't received well by audiences.

I think Rent deserves only 4 out of 10 stars simply because the story was drawn out too long and the homosexuality in it. I tended to lose a lot of interest when the same sex couple thing started to happen. If a person is into that type of material, they may enjoy it better than anything they've seen before. Cut the Movie down to no more than 90 minutes and take some of the sexuality out and you have a great movie. So many people feel it is necessary to tell a two hour plus story when only a little more than an hour is needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home